Sky Recruitment and Care Services are looking for drivers to join our Secure Transport Service.
The aim of our Sky Secure Escort Service (SKY SES) is to have a standby team who receive appropriate training in interventions to address challenges, to ensure that SKY SES can transport young people/service users securely and safely between venues, such as social services, court attendance, Youth Offending Institutes (YOI) Health hospitals and many other locations. SKY SES are looking for a reliable, experienced and flexible individual who can carry out secure escorts with a team of co-workers to a high standard.
Ideally, you will hold a level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent as well as having extensive experience of working with young people with complex needs in crisis situations.
Having the ability to remain calm and confident if faced with aggressive and potentially violent situations is a must so previous experience working in a secure escort service would be advantageous.
In addition, you will need to be flexible and responsive to the demands of the service at short notice.
All candidates must have a full driving license. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS).
SKY SES places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
• Offer intensive Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
• Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
• Have an active employee committee.
• Experience in a similar potentially inflammatory situations (preferred)
• Minimum 1 year supervisory experience
• Care Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
Location: North west England
A suitable candidate for this role would expect to undertake;
• Carrying out secure escorts (driving, managing challenging conversations and behaviours and delivering appropriate restraining techniques).
• Supporting the planning and organisation of secure escorts including routes, safe stops and contingency planning.
• Use creative techniques in challenging situations to ensure that all young people/service users remain safe and secure throughout each journey.
• Ensuring young people are involved in the procedure of each secure escort, in order to be clear on expectations and rules for the journey.
• Ensuring daily tasks are consistent with the smooth running of the service, such as handover, case recording and updating the necessary professionals, ensuring all information is recorded appropriately and accurately to a high standard.
We are here to help. Call us on 0151 909 2616 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.orgContact Us