The role will be for a solo unit residential children's home and will involve working with children and young people with emotional behaviour difficulties and learning disabilities in order to help them to develop, grow and build independence skills to enable them to reach their full potential.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To manage a Residential Home and ensure the efficient operation of the service in accordance with the relevant legislation, procedures, policies and the Statement of Purpose for the home.
- Support all staff in their roles including providing supervision.
- Hold operational responsibility and ensure compliance with OFSTED and regulatory bodies to ensure that standards and regulations are met.
- Ensure the financial performance of the service.
- Report directly to the Directors, working closely to ensure the provision of a progressive service.
- Contribute to the training and development of staff to meet the needs of Young People.
- Keep abreast of research, legislation and practice in order to ensure best practice and disseminate information amongst the workforce.
- To assist and supervise in the continual assessment of the needs of the children and young people and to identify and prepare specific development plans to ensure the most appropriate service provision.
- To organise duty rotas in order to ensure that the needs of the young people are met at all times.
- To be involved in recruitment of staff including vetting, interviewing and inducting new employees.
- To be part of an On-Call system
- Minimum of 3 Years’ experience of working within a Children’s home setting with Young People showing emotional, behavioural and Social difficulties
- Minimum 1 years’ experience of Leadership and Team management in a care role.
- Experience of leading and managing Colleagues and setting targets
- Understanding of budget management
- Ability and acceptance to work towards Diploma level 5 in Leadership and Management, health and social care
- Understanding of the children’s homes regulations 2015 and the quality standards
- Experience of OFSTED inspections and the regulatory regime
- Knowledge of health, safety and risk assessment
- Car Driver + own transport
- Passion to provide an excellent quality of service
- Diploma level 5 in Leadership and Management, health and social care
- Ability to Train, tutor, mentor and assess others
- Experience of developing a service
Benefits associated with the role:
- comprehensive induction process and continual professional development
- excellent working conditions
- competitive salary starting from £28,500 per year and opportunity to progress and manage a large service in the near future
If you are looking for a new and exciting experience where you can build your skills, work in different environments and have an enjoyable experience as Children’s Home Manager then please don’t hesitate, apply today!